Saturday, May 24, 2008

Because the wind is high it blows my mind.....

I really hate when I get this far behind in blogging, but I still have not been able to get in and get my computer so I am using dial-up and it just frustrates me to the point it's not worth it.


Jim Adamson and Chet Taylor were here for dinner on Monday. Now check out the smiles...or lack of. I keep thinking we are having a good time and then I look at these pictures and everyone looks so sad. Is it my cooking???? Maybe everyone is in fear of appearing on the blog!
Or MAYBE....everyone is waiting for nice weather. Today is the first day this week that the wind has stopped and we don't have rain and/or cold.






But then there are those who will do anything to get on. Emma helping Pop split wood.



and modeling more of Rachael's hand me downs. The first words out of her mouth when she walked in...."Grandma, LOOK, I have all Rachael's clothes on except for my underwear!


These pictures are lousy...I really need my photo software! I also need a new camera, which Betty tried to talk me into when we went to town on Thursday. I was, however, just not in the mood for shopping for an expensive item....as a matter of fact I wasn't in the mood for shopping for anything! Here is a quick synopsis of how the day went. Got up to pouring rain/cold....dressed in Salt's camo rain gear (looked like I belonged in Iraq)....went down to the dock and started to get in my boat and low and behold.....a @#%# duck had started building a nest in it. Duck Poop ALL over! SO....back up the hill to get cleaning supplies, back down (still raining) and after finishing the dirty duty, started out for town. Betty and I both had huge lists and needed to go to 5 different stores....(still raining). Finally, we get back to Clayton, carry all the groceries and supplies to the boat and it stops raining. For this I was very grateful because I wouldn't have to drive around the island in the rain. I get in the boat, turn the key and there is this familiar ear piercing grind (starter) I call Salt and tell him what is going on and while on the phone with him I try it again and of course, same sound but now it won't stop. All of a sudden
Betty yells, "Mom there is smoke coming out of the engine"....Salt hears her and yells "get out of the boat" (like I was going to stay in there, duh) I did try to pull a fuse, which wouldn't come out so here I am hopping over $500 worth of groceries all packed around me. We are talking nothing but ass and elbows getting out of there. Betty is, I am sure trying to act concerned and not laugh and says "Mom....don't you want your briefcase?"..... Forget the briefcase, grab the $80 worth of Starbucks coffee beans!!! Finally, the starter gear grinds itself out stops smoking and there is silence. Salt shows up...stores are closed now so he loads everything back in his boat and we take off across the river....just as it starts raining again. THE END
After a hot shower and a good cup of coffee, we sat back and laughed.
Peter Rossmassler and his three sons , Bill, Tom and Rich are on the island for the weekend. Salt and I took some muffins over this morning and sat around the fire catching up on every one's life. They are all such interesting kids, each of them would make a great blog entry.
Jim Adamson is back after a week in Russia and a couple of days in Toronto and should now be able to settle in for the summer. He will join us tomorrow for dinner with Tom Tinney, Julie Durdon and Ken Deedy. ...and by golly when I get the camera out tomorrow night I am going to make sure they are smiling. Actually with that group, it will be nothing but laughter!!
Ellen Adamson will be returning to the island on June 6. Shirley Taylor was down for coffee yesterday and informed me that she has a new jet ski. Jim and Salt will be launching both mine and Ellen's jet skis soon and then you will see some girls that just want to have fun.

Oh yeah....here is Salt with a new breaker bar, gifted to him by Jim. He was like a kid at Christmas. Tim the Tool man has NOTHING on Salt (or my brother George)!


The lilac bushes are in full bloom so the house is filled with the wonderful aroma. Unfortunately they last such a short period of time.


And I leave with you with.....Lettuce! We had our first picking today and enjoyed it on turkey sandwiches. I LOVE this Aero garden...I wish I could have a whole hydroponic room!!! Absolutely amazing and NO care!


Oh by the way....that's fresh ground pepper, not dirt!!


No comments: