Monday, May 19, 2008

I've been living my life "fast forward" and I need to rewind real slow....

Although I still do not have my computer back, I decided I would try and catch up on some blogging....even if it does take FOREVER! The weather is so crappy; strong winds and rain, so once again I am not going to get at any outside work. I guess I really should not complain, as I talked to my friend Marilyn, in Buffalo, NY and it was snowing there this morning; May 19...just doesn't seem right!

One of the perks of having long legs is the fact that when needed , one can kick them self in the butt! That is exactly what I did earlier in the week. I put on my walking shoes and took a 2 mile walk across the fields and over to Frank and June Augusbury's. I have not been there since Frank passed away so was a little sad to imagine what summer will be like without Frank's company. June had not been here yet, but Harry and Urch are preparing for her homecoming and have done a marvelous job of grooming the grounds.




On my way home, I grabbed some pictures (sorry can't enhance them without my own computer software) of the trees the deer stripped last winter. We had what everyone referred to as a "good old fashioned winter" and it appears that the animals had to do a lot of forging for their food.


Wednesday Frank's Augusury's Memorial Service was held in Ogdensburg. Frank would have been proud of the tribute paid him by friends and son Jack. Ken Deedy even added a "Kitty" joke Frank and I shared on my last visit with him. Of course it was political (Frank and I were on the same side of the fence....the right side!) and of course it had to do with Hillary Clinton....Thank you Frank for all the great times we shared and for helping me to truly find the meaning of serenity!

Friday, Salt and I headed to town for our annual "Grandparent's Breakfast" with Emma. Since Salt's boss (Tom Tinney) is very understanding of our commitments to our family, we were able to keep our perfect attendance!





This is Salt's favorite Aunt (Barbara Garnsey) with her grandchildren, Kaitlyn and Cameron (Chip's children). Unfortunately, Barb's eyes are closed, but I think the smile tells how much she was enjoying her quality time with her grandchildren.



Here is Emma with her teacher, Miss Berg. Emma told me she was getting married next week; when I asked her where, she said "oh I don't know out in the middle of nowhere...probably Texas". When I asked Miss Berg, she chuckled and said, "No...at Boldt Castle". I never can figure out where Emma comes up with her answers. Most kids would just say they didn't know, but not Emma...she never wants to be wrong! I wonder where all that came from?????



On the way home from breakfast we drove by Frank and Betty's new mailbox. Actually, it's not new...we gave it to them a few years ago for Christmas but they just got around to replacing their old one. Since Frank is a decoy carver, it didn't take people long to figure out who it belonged to.

Salt and I live right across the street from a Pizza Hut in Florida. We got hooked on their "stuffed crust pizza". Salt was having withdrawal the other day so we decided to see if we could come up with our own version. It was SO good...actually being homemade it was much better! If you want to try it, just lay mozzarella sticks (string cheese) all around the edges and roll it forward and tuck it. After the pizza is gone, dip the crust in Ranch dressing or Marinara sauce...yummmmmmy!!!

And yes, Shane, it's on the menu while you are on the island!!

No comments: