Sunday, May 25, 2008

I gotta get things ready, make sure their alright cuz all my rowdy friends are coming over tonight!

Finally, we were able to have dinner on the deck. The weather is still not very good (we have had a fire every night this week) but we did have a little reprieve on Sunday. Tom Tinney, Julie Durdon, Ken Deedy and Jim Adamson joined us this week. Salt and I are trying to catch up on all the invitations we owe....I am hoping there will be enough time in the next 5 months to catch up from our 2 years of my working nights and the time we were tied up in selling the farm house and building the new one. My brother Joe (who loves trivia) informed me that I pickled/varnished over 7 miles of tongue and groove....actually at the time it seemed like more!

Look....they are ALL smiling! I threatened!


Julie, deep in thought..


Hey, who grabbed my camera....that's a switch.


The church is starting to fill up now that Memorial Day is here.

Some even choose to come in a helicopter....Josie Calhoun hitched a ride with Doug Johnson.




And our beloved "Doc" Schwartz is back home....and feeling so much better than last summer. He is joined here with Skip Tolette, Rex Ennis (WOW Rex, you look great with that new haircut and trim!) and Joan Flint.


I have my computer and broadband connection back so hopefully my blogging will be more consistent.
We talked to Robin and Rachael tonight....Betty, Emma and I are traveling to Virginia Beach the last part of June to spend a couple of days with Mike and the family and bring Rachael back with us for ??? we aren't sure how long. I think it will depend on how much she misses her mom! It's pretty amazing though once the kids get here and get involved in all the river/island activity, homesickness isn't usually an issue!
Salt is swamped with mechanical work. Since Tom and Julie (and Paige) are in Texas for Tyler's graduation from Air Force boot camp it's a perfect time for him to get some of the island vehicles fixed and serviced. His skills are greatly appreciated and in demand since sending the vehicles off the island and back is such a hassle and expense.

No comments: