Saturday, May 10, 2008

there's booze in the blender and soon it will render that frozen concoction that helps me hang on...

Busy day today...Emma and I started out on our 4 wheeler to check out what we might have missed over the winter. I had so much fun with Em this weekend. I always chuckle and think of that old saying...."Grandchildren are God's gift for not killing your teenager".

I always ask her what she is going to be when she grows up....since it changes weekly. She informed me today that she does not want to be a cow. The reason she says is because when people want to get milk they pull your gutters (udders). OK...... She guesses she might be a fisherman. That comes from the fact that her other grandmother is taking her to the lower bridge tonight to fish for bullhead.



Emma insisted on going up to one of her favorite houses which we refer to as the "glass house"....for obvious reasons. It is pretty cool inside!




When Salt and I decided to travel and live in Florida winters, Emma took our cat (Doc) and made him her own. Does he look like he might just be a little spoiled???




Received these pictures from my sister-in-law, Mary (below). This is Ben at his prom. Ben is my youngest brother's (Steve) son. Here he is with his mom, Mary.




and his date.....


And now the end to a perfect day....Dr. McPhail (out of the office) brews a whole bunch of "Margaritas". And of course Janice made sure there were plenty of "Virgin" ones for the non-drinkers.

And here is the gang....I don't know when the last time I have laughed so much as with this gang. Dan informed us we made more noise than his entire school cafeteria!! Great time Dan and Janice....thanks!




No comments: