Monday, February 02, 2009

Close the door to temptation...and don't let me in!!

Yesterday morning, Salt served my fresh ground Starbucks, handed me the newspaper and lit the fireplace (with the remote). Ahhhhh a day of rest.....NOT! Our friend Ruthie (who I am sure operates on a Duracell battery) called and told us we had a half hour to get ready for another adventure. So.....of course we were ready....I can't say NO!

We started out at the Sanford Flea Market where I bought one of those "Smooth Away" hair removers. The guy demonstrated it and I figured what to hell....for $11 if there was even a chance I could get out of shaving my legs I would chance it.

We took a quick run into Sams Club and then landed in this Mexican restaurant called Jan Pablos. The food was only mediocre, but the atmosphere was unique and as always lots laughs with our friends.
After lunch we went into Mt Dora and did some hiking....(we are doing more and more of that and it's been great).

Florida hikes are so different than the island.....I love the variety. I always feel like I am on a Safari when I hike these paths.


Here is the gang posing on the path. Sorry about blocking you Gene....I never saw that in the view finder??????


I loved this tree.....I know what's so special? I just thought it was spooky. I think it is something that should be planted in Jill's lawn for Halloween. Wouldn't it look cool with a few ghosts or skulls hanging from it??????


After reading this poster, I was SO relieved that I wasn't with anyone who molested alligators....WHAT??? Who to heck "molests" alligators?????

The walk around the lighthouse on Lake Dora......

and the red beaked coot.

It has been a lousy rainy day here all day. Salt did the grocery shopping while I changed the bed, did the laundry and paid a few bills. We are headed to Bingo tonight.....now that the park is full the jackpots are getting pretty good. Cover all on Friday $140!!
Lots going on this week, out to dinner with the McCardles (Texas) and a day trip to Sarasota to the Barnum and Bailey Museum.

1 comment:

jill said...

love the tree! that would be a great halloween tree for sure.
and seriously what's up with the alligator poster? that's so funny!