Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I will fulfill all your wishes with my taco flavored kisses...

Yesterday, Ruth, Gene, Salt and I took off for Fruitland Park to drop the motor home at Great American Sales where bought a trailer to haul the new car. We left the motor home to be wired for final hook-up.

On our way home we stopped at the Russel Stover Outlet. They were stocked with isles and isles of valentine candy, but we all scurried over to the isles of Christmas candy which of course was marked way down. We figured the kids aren't going to care if they have a few Christmas decorations on their boxes. I doubt the "big" kids will either.

Salt also had to pick up some of his favorite "hot fudge" sauce. It's the best!!

We went back today and picked up the motor home and trailer. Salt is a happy camper (no pun intended). As much as we loved the jeep, it was 14 years old, and he was just starting to be a bit leery about driving it on some of the super highways we now travel on. It was also too small to carry any of our friends.


Later this afternoon we gathered at the home of Don and Kay Bohde, to celebrate 4 birthdays....Don's, Ralph Hillis, Doug Rowe and last but not least Salt's (Feb.28). We always celebrate birthdays in some way but since there were 4 this month we decided to do a group dinner. Kay made homemade taco bowls and the meat, while each couple brought a ingredient to add to the salad. What a unique idea and it was delicious. Karen Hillis and I made the cakes, Karen a chocolate one and I made Salt's all time favorite...River cake! Happy birthday to all and thanks for a great dinner Don and Kay!

This is Ralph's dad Bob Hillis....

Ruthie chowing on her salad....I wanted to get a picture of the bowls Kay made but they were half gone before I remembered.......

And here is the "River Cake".....
I made a declaration that I was closing all my blinds and locking the doors (so no one could come in to tempt me to play) tomorrow and get Salt's corporate taxes done. Well, just as I finished speaking, Gene said "oh, were not going to take the boat down the Dora Canal tomorrow?" Huhhh...of course I want to run the canal. Maybe I should just file for an extension and do the taxes when we get back to the island where I will be practically alone for a month.

1 comment:

melanie said...

river cake? send the recipie