Tuesday, September 08, 2009

If you want to write a song about the heart....think about the moon before you start

Although I am basically "off" the island for the season, I went back last night to attend a dinner party, put on by Phyllis Schwartz.


Phyllis and Doc have been very close friends for the last 20 years and for Salt all of his life. Unfortunately, "Doc" passed away last winter, but was brought home to the island to be laid to rest, here on his beloved river and island.

Here is Phyllis and Doc's son Mark who helped mom set up and served as bartender.....

Joan and Bob catch up on last winter's activities.

Bruce Taylor and Frances Rossmassler....

LoLita kept everyone entertained with her experiences as a fisher woman on her son's commercial fishing boat in Alaska. I HAVE to get to Alaska!!!


Zel Steever....

Peter, Bruce Brooks and George Dundon....one day I am going to catch Peter unaware of the fact that I am photographing!!!

This was the magnificent moon which showed me the way back to the mainland on an awesome glass like river. All the way back I listened to the Loons singing. This is Paradise!
And here is one of my beautiful singing loons (with one of her babies on her back). I think this is one of the most magnificent pictures I have ever seen of a loon. Unfortunately I can't take credit for this capture. Rita Wills, my cousin Shane's friend took the photo this summer when she and Shane were here bass fishing . Thank you Rita for sharing!!!

Here is my brother Joe with his two youngest children (Janna and Matthew) both of whom were in a wedding last weekend. As anxious as we are to start our travels and get to Florida to meet up with our Florida friends, I am SO going to miss the family!!!

No comments: