Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lost on a star-dust trail...On a mystical night. Wash of a million waves calling to me. Deep in my soul I can hear the song of the ocean...(unknown)

I am going to do a quick update on the blog, just enough so I don't get too far behind. Only have a few minutes before Ghost Hunters comes on and I can't miss it since they are at an island very close to our house.....

Monday was a rainy, dreary day so instead of going into the park for hiking we decided to go into Bar Harbor and check out the town.

Here is the harbor.....

Downtown..... Lots of shops...way to "touristy" for me. Hmmm...I don't think that's a word, but you get the idea. I will say though we did find an excellent restaurant right on the water. It was called the Quarterdeck and served the BEST lobster rolls and homemade french fries. My big splurge for the day.....I knew we would hike it off tomorrow!!!

Tuesday...we did the rest of Acadia....FABULOUS day!! We did a LOT of hiking and rock climbing!! The surf pounding on this rocky coast is just mesmerizing!

No, I didn't grow a head taller than Salt. You can't tell but, I am standing on a higher part of the rock....
a stop at Sandy Beach....
and more of the awesome surf.......

Beautiful hiking trails........


Our climb to the water.....
Guess who is loving every second of this?????

Carriage rides over the "carriage roads" which are inaccessible to cars, bikes or hiking.....

The restaurant at Jordan House overlooking Jordan lake and the mountains.....

Our last stop.......

View from the summit.......

No comments: