Monday, July 17, 2006

Don't Forget to Remember Me...

Daron & Monica Johnson, Liz Price-Kellogg

July 17, 1970Dad (George Karpel)
Kitty Karpel (Paxton) Bill Paxton


Happy Birthday Bill

Fran & John Mallory


36 years ago today I married my deceased husband, and father of my children, Bill Paxton. We will always remember the 20 wonderful years we had with you Bill.

When I decided to post the wedding picture, I took it over to my friend Jim (since my scanner is in the motor coach) and asked him to scan it for me. His wife looked at it and said...."gee, I don't think I remember mini wedding gowns"....Hello Ellen, neither does the rest of the world...I have ALWAYS been a free spirit"!

It was a week for celebrations... Happy Birthday Bill Danforth!

Last evening we attended the wedding reception held at Buck Bay in honor of Fran Purcell and John Mallory. Buck Bay is the summer home of Fran and was the ideal setting for a pitcuresque reception. Along with the wonderful food and friends, we were entertained by the superb talents of Daron Johnson (who recently toured with Seal) on keyboard accompanying his wife Monica and Liz Price-Kellogg with a beautiful rendition of Wild Horses.

Oh...I almost forgot; I am a redhead again. Ellen and Laura came over and played beautician yesterday afternoon and we all decided blondes really don't have more fun!

Sorry no posting of a update on the house...I never got over there before dark. I do know that both of the large sun deck and screened porch are framed in. Kevin assures me we can watch the sunset from our front deck within a day or two. That is of course IF the 90 degree weather and high humidity diminish somewhat so Salt and Dan can start wielding chain saws again and clearing the scrub around the waterfront.

Ken Deedy stopped for a glass of ice tea this afternoon and ended up staying for a couple of hours. It was great to see him for the first time (other than passing on the road) this summer and catching up. He is a great friend with a wonderful sense of humor! He is also very knowledgable of all the "going ons" of the island. As former president of the TI Land Trust (and current board member) as well as Church Secretary, a visit with Ken is a great way to catch up on "Island Politics"!

The Adamsons were here for dinner....as always great fun!

No comments: