Friday, July 07, 2006

IF You Come Down To The River.....

Coffee hour held at "High Spirits" home of Rex and Janet Ennis.
Day 2 of cottage building.


Finally after missing the first 3 "Coffee Clutches" with the River Queens, (my name for some of the finest ladies and friends on the river), I was able to attend my first one yesterday morning. I decided that the company coming this weekend could eat store bought cookies and I would play a little bit. It was so much fun to see so many of my friends that I have not seen since last Fall. Of course, I still came home and found time to make the cookies, brownies and pies!

Salt and I made a trip to Watertown and picked out our new wood stove and the slate flooring for the cabin. When we got back we drove to the site and were overwhelmed to see that the upper level floor was already in. Everyone is very impressed with the quality of the lumber we had shipped in from British Columbia (Greystokes International) and I am VERY impressed with Mike Lindsey who was the representative , my initial contact with the company. This is my 13th, house or cottage and it is the FIRST time I have ever have someone call every couple of weeks to follow up with our progress....AFTER they have all the money. Thanks Mike!

We are also very grateful for Kevin Garnsey (contractor) and his crew. They are doing a magnificent job; and a joy to work with. Maybe it's because I am spoiling them with fresh baked goods every morning for their mid morning coffee break?????

Salt and I are headed to the Adamson's for dinner and fireworks this evening. I have a house full of company coming and I am leaving dinner for them for whenever they arrive and a note to meet us at the fireworks for "smores".

Emma went for her camp check-up yesterday and they concluded that she needs glasses. Betty is taking her today to be fitted. I am already dreading trying to follow Emma around without her loosing or breaking them....I guess she will learn.

Mike and Robin and the girls are in California and nearly settled in their new home. I am waiting for pictures which I will post when they are all back on the internet.

We had a surprise visit this weekend from our cousin Shane (the fisherman). I think he's camped out on the sofa....leaving room for Joe, Rindy, Janna, Matthew and Emma, all of whom will be arriving early tomorrow morning.

We just returned from our belated 4th of July celebration at the Adamson's. Fireworks and friends galore.

No comments: