Monday, July 31, 2006

...this summer I went swimming...this summer I might have drowned...but I held my breath and I kicked my feet and I moved my arms around..

(London Wainwright)

Emma is in her second week of swim lessons. Finally they have convinced her to swim under water. She is a strong swimmer but does not like to go under. They even have her going off the diving board!

Paul (Karpel) stayed up for the week to work with Uncle Salt. The two of them along with Dan Adamson cleared another huge swath of the new beach area. They also managed to get all the wire threaded through the conduit ready to be buried. Wednesday the electrician will hook up the power to the house.

I had a very boring (but productive) day....I went for all my annual check-ups. I will spare all of you the details on THAT! I am glad to get it all done though before we take off for 6 months. I am having nightmares about the fact that the tests will come back and show some fatal disease and screw up our big trip!!!

BOY is it hot! It is supposed to be 98-100 today. Stub and Karen Lashomb stopped in for a visit last night and I drank coffee. I was so wound when I finally went to bed I could not sleep. I ended up getting out of bed at 1:30 am and baking blueberry muffins. It became one of those "If god gives you lemons..." situations. I knew it would be way too hot to turn on the oven today so figured at least I could turn my nervous energy into an accomplishment of some kind!

We are all going to attempt to work today but have already discussed the possibility of knocking off at noon if the forecast is as predicted. Everything we touch is wet/sticky. Should be an interesting varnishing day!! Paige and I may just end up hopping on the jet ski or a raft and spending the day IN the river. I feel very fortunate to be living on the water during this heat wave. We talked to Mike and it was 114 in California. They are up in the mountains, so at least when he leaves work he can get some relief.

No comments: