Friday, July 14, 2006

Sing, Sing a Song...




Make it happy to last your whole life long!

And happy it was.... Thanks Lolita for a great evening.

Approximately 30-35 friends gathered at "Tip", summer home of LoLita Pheiffer and her three children. Andy Davis (Dr., Rev. Davis) led us in song and laughter around the campfire. I took along my niece and nephew, who were a little apprehensive about a sing-a-long until they arrived. When they actually started singing B-I-N-G-O, She'll be Coming Around the Mountain and some of the other old "fun" songs they perked up and joined in with gusto!

Janna was reading the "blog" and wondering why she had not appeared yet. So here she is with one of the many of jars of jam she prepared this week.

I also thought I would include the picture of River following the canoe. He doesn't let us go anywhere without him if he has his way. I think Bill and Wendy are getting a new babysitter when they take him for the winter.

I am off to work today; taking over for one of the other nurses who had the opportunity to go to Montreal for the weekend. Janna and Matthew left this morning and their older brother Joseph and his girlfriend Jackie will be arriving this evening. I'm afraid they won't get the usual home cooked meals Joe has been used to whenever visiting Aunt Kitty. He was warned ahead of time and said he didn't care he just needed to get to the river for some R&R. It's amazing how all of these kids come back to find their peace when the "real" world starts spinning too fast.

Hopefully Salt will find the problem with my boat. Betty and I were stranded in town yesterday evening. Salt came and picked us up and we left the boat until he could get back over and get it fixed. Being the whiz mechanic he is I am sure I will be up and running before I return from work!

No comments: