Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda...Here I am at Camp Owasco

Emma wins the top bunk at camp!


Day 5
After a fun filled weekend, lots of company, boating and food. Betty, Janna and I took Emma to her first overnight camp. We got up this morning and Salt asked how I thought Emma was doing. My reply was I thought Emma was probably fine, I wondered how the Counselor was doing???

Janna and Matthew stayed here on the island while dad Joe and mom Rindy headed back to the homestead and work. Matt is working for Salt and enjoying his new found freedom of being able to take the 4 wheeler off the property and to his friends houses. Janna is busy in the HOT kitchen with Aunt Kitty helping to process 18 pints of strawberry jam and 20 pints of black raspberry jam. We also managed two black raspberry pies and two batches of home made frozen custard.

Salt and I will be dining with Peter and Frances Rossmassler, and a group of other Island friends, this evening. We will surprise them with pie and ice cream.

We received good news from 2 of our very close friends today. Bill, Wendy, Tae and Eva Rossmassler will be babysitting our loving Golden Retriever "River" for the winter. He will be joining them in Vermont, while our cat "Doc" will be spending his winter in Maryland with the Adamsons. When your friends come forward to take on this responsibility, you know they are FRIENDS. Bill Rossmassler made the offer and said "of course if you can find a better place...". Everyone on the Island got a kick out of this since, as I told Bill, People would like to come back as a Rossmassler dog. Spoiled would be an understatement!

Today was work day 6 on the house. Kevin and his crew are just amazing us (and EVERYONE else who checks in for a progress report) with their workmanship and the speed with which they are getting things done.

1 comment:

jill said...

The house is looking great!
I bet Emma will have fun at camp. That's funny because I was just telling Eliza about Camp Hochelega and how Betty and I went there a couple of times. If we were still in VT, I would send her there.
I still remember so much from camp, I'm sure Betty does too.