Monday, July 24, 2006

It's Hard to Fly Like an Eagle ...When you are surrounded by Turkeys!


I haven't posted in a couple of days for one simple reason...sanding chairs, painting tongue and groove and cleaning rocks doesn't really make for very interesting journaling.

We are getting down to the nitty gritty on the house. Salt and I went on Friday and spent 3 hours with the kitchen designer and purchased our entire kitchen as well as the bathroom fixtures. We also purchased a new bed and furniture for the family/living room. We had to change our whole way of thinking....This is the first time I have furnished a small home. While I was baking muffins this morning, I realized how much more efficient the new kitchen will actually be. I won't have to pack a lunch to get to the cupboard where the vegetable oil is!!

Saturday night was the annual Turkey Dinner at the church, here on the Island. The day nurse (with Junes help) was able to take Frank to the dinner and with Salt't help I was able to maneuver him back into the house for my evening shift. It was a nice outing for him even though it was a bit crowded with the inclement weather.

Amy Pullaw and her fiancee Brent came over yesterday afternoon. Brent is a big hunter and lover of wildlife prints. I had them pick out a couple of Bill's prints for their new home and they were SO pleased with the art as well as the fact that it had belonged to Bill.

I can't believe I still have not posted. I am off for another 12 hour shift so I am going to cut this one short and post it anyway. Paige Garnsey is helping me "pickle" my 5,000 sq Ft of wood for our new home. She will be back tomorrow and Friday so there probably won't be much posting for a few more days. Friday is Emma's birthday and since it is our night with her (Betty works) we celebrate here along with my brother Joe and his family.

Check out the turkeys. I was sitting at my computer this morning as they paraded along in front of me. Living here is like a daily visit to the zoo; you never know what will turn up outside your window!

No comments: