Monday, March 30, 2009

A Black Bear has it figured out and gets what he deserves....and the fur that he is waring is the fur that he prefers!

Saturday was a FULL day....had to make choices as there was so much going on. Oh well what we missed this year we will pick up another year.

Our first stop was the Antique Boat Show in Mt Dora. We were supposed to attend this last year when they had the big TILT picnic but had conflicting plans. I can't believe I did this...I took my camera out and I had a dead battery. I must have accidentally hit the "on" button at some point putting it in and out of my purse.

I did manage to get a picture of one of the "woodies" before it totally shut down. Not one picture of a boat....urgh... there were such beauties there too!!!

I did get a couple of pictures on my cell phone. Loved the amphibious cars...It reminded me of watching Dr. Mabee going back and forth to work when we lived on Hay Island.

And I particularly liked the license plate......


I have no pictures from the Black Bear Festival....We really had no idea what this was until we arrived. It turned out to be very educational, with all kinds of booths featuring animals, plants, trees here in the Ocala National Forest. I met an author at one of the booths, who is a retired judge and now is writing fiction based on Florida history....Indians, Missionaries, etc. I bought the first book in a Trilogy, called Wekiva Winter I really wanted the whole series right then and there but for once in my life (when it comes to books) used some self control. I have the Web Address for later.
We came home for a couple of hours before heading out to the Mud Bog Races and Mud Drags.
Boy...talk about feeling like a "redneck". As I said on Facebook...I felt like I was back in Cicero, NY in 1964. Which makes me wonder what Terry Lewis, Wally Bell and some of the drag racers from our time are doing today????
This little guy was going through the mud holes like he had been doing it for years.....


All kinds of vehicles....

Sunday, we went for our last Bowling Breakfast" until next Fall. Here Carolyn shows off....
She was whipping the rest of the girl's butts!!!
Terry looking serious....which is hard to do with the bunch of us picking on him!!

We checked out the market at Rennigers later that afternoon and then went to a new restaurant called "Back Yard Boys"....Bar-B-Q. Here is one of their side orders which is ...are you ready for this???? Fried macaroni and cheese....like mac and cheese isn't fattening enough without being fried. It was SO good....I am really going to have to get serious about this healthy eating when I get back to the island. At least it will be a little easier when I am cooking and not going restaurants where I find stuff like this!!

No comments: