Monday, March 02, 2009

Tale as old as time...Song as old as rhyme..Beauty and the Beast

Our friends, (from Colorado) Terry and Susie Muldoon have three of the cutest grandchildren who live here in Umatilla. The oldest, Walker who is 10 was one of the lead players in a local production of Beauty and the Beast. He was none other than the "Beast".

Don't ask me why I didn't get a picture of him without his mask....I think I am slipping. Well, take my word he is a very handsome young man. He is also quite the actor. I am not sure which was more fun, watching Walker or watching his Grandpa's chest swell with pride.


Salt and I took Janna (Karpel) to see the stage production of the play when it was playing in Toronto. It was amazing how closely these kids followed the original. For a small production they were very good. Salt and I both enjoyed it immensely!!

The costumes were clever....Here is Lumiere and Cogsworth....

Mrs. Potts and Madame de la Grande Bouche....

I loved the deer hanging on the tavern wall.....

Gaston was a hoot....here he is with all his adoring women!!

I have no idea who this little cutie was...she was in the chorus. She was SO adorable and reminded me of Shirley Temple with her mannerism.
Belle and the Beast.....
and their romantic dance.....
Papa, the mad scientist....

No comments: