Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I'm permanently glued to this extraordinary mood.....

I can't believe it has been a week since I last blogged. I don't know where the winter went...each week seems to fly faster than the one before.

Last Saturday was "Open House" here at the resort. There were yard sales through the town , as well as through our park. It is an annual event to have the local band play here in our clubhouse. They are SO good...and versatile. The band is made up of retirees from all over the US.
Saturday was also Karen Hillis's birthday. We were supposed to be having a surprise party (dinner) for her. It didn't stay a surprise for long, as her husband asked her what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. Her answer was homemade lemon meringue pie.

Well, I made the pies (from scratch) but Karen had to make her own hat!!!

Diner was delicious...as always. I had the Honey Baked Ham that June Augusbury sent us for Christmas. Everyone brought a dish to pass and of course we had much more than we could eat.
it never seems to be a problem....everyone is willing to take leftovers, as cooking is not high on any of our agendas down here. There is just too many things to do that are more fun (even though I do like to cook). I figure when I get back on the island where there are no restaurants, I will have plenty of cooking.....especially since both of the granddaughters will be there most of the summer. The calendar is also quickly filling up with company....we are hoping to see some of our FL friends in NY this summer!!

Part of the gang.....

We all brought our calendars and gathered around the fire pit to plan the month's activities. It's kind of cool, we all have our own agenda but work in group activities as well.

Sunday, Salt and I had company from home. George and Mimi Dundon visited and we took them over to Stavros....our favorite local restaurant. The main topic of conversation of course, was how soon would the ice be out of the river and what our projects for summer 09 would be.
On Monday we were again blessed with some more of our BFFs from the island. Joan Flint and Janice McPhail stopped in on their way to Naples where they will be spending a week with Ken Deedy. I can't believe in just a month we will all be back on the island!

No comments: