Monday, March 02, 2009

But I've seen it all in a small town...Had myself a ball in a small town...

As soon as we returned from the Keys, we ran in the house, brushed our teeth, hopped in the car and headed to Eustis to Georgefest. So, you ask "what in the heck is Georgefest". It is a very good excuse for Floridians to have a party...or the celebration of Washington's birthday. Eustis is a very small, quaint town just a few miles from Umatilla and has a very beautiful park right on the water.
I love this fountain....


And...THIS was the first thing that caught my eye....anyone wonder why?? Clue...it was not the guy wearing the shirt but the shirt itself. You all know how I feel about taxes and the way they are spent. I have vowed not to discuss politics on the blog but i don't think anyone is opposed to getting information on this particular subject. I have always believed that this may just be the right highway. I always wonder why people need 5 or 6 TVs, TONS of clothes, etc. etc. I really believe that we would all think twice if we had to pay a high tax on purchases but be able to keep OUR money to pay bills, mortgages, insurances, etc. Who knows what is right anymore....I just think it is certainly something to procure more information on.

They had several vendors and crafts....unique ones! Checkout the sunset in the background.

It was a beautiful evening, the sky was so clear and we were all wandering around in just light sweaters. I love this view of the moon and the proximity of Venus....beautiful!

We set our chairs up early before heading off to wander the displays and grab some dinner. We were very glad we did, as when we returned there was a huge crowd gathered.

I NEVER thought I would see better fireworks than we have right at home with Festival of the Islands. I do believe these were the best I have ever seen. I was amazed at the different colors that there were.

I have never seen these bright pink and blue colors....there were also some awesome purple and white ones. Again, there were just too many to post.




There was non-stop entertainment in the "Big Tent". When we walked in this little girl was singing a Taylor Swift song. She was very good and I always look at these kids and wonder if someone gave them a wardrobe, a makeover and a "chance" what they could do. She sang with such passion.

This band was a little more sophisticated...had several CDs and had performed in big venues.
They were also very versatile in going from country to oldies and then even into some 70s & 80's rock.

And of course we couldn't leave Magnolia Street without a stop at Strawberries. Whenever we go to a play at the playhouse, they always have a coupon for Strawberries which is a "buy one get one free" coupon. After tearing out our own we look for the playbills that people have just left around or thrown back on the table. We grab them and tear out those coupons as well. I am SO turning into a Senior Citizen!! It was Salt's birthday, so I bought and let Salt have the free one...what a wife!!!

No comments: