Wednesday, November 04, 2009

We're really happy if we shop until we drop....In search of bargains, we will never stop.....

Today was a tool shopping trip for the guys, (Harbor Freight) so it left us girls with nothing else to do but go to lunch and do some shopping...."sigh". As usual, we had a wonderful time; lunch at Olive Garden and along with the shopping, lots of laughs!

I am such a good friend....Check out the background I had Ruth and Darlene pose in front of. Some day they will all LOVE my camera...... (or not).

Susie and I decided to buddy up to a Red Hat. The girls from the Villas are trying to get me to join the Red Hats, but I'm just not sure about wearing one of the outfits....me being so sophisticated and such a "Fashionista"....NOT. Shirley told me I didn't have to get all decked out just a little red and a little purple. She the main qualification is ATTITUDE....and they all think I have PLENTY of that. Didn't take any of them long to figure out that one! They do have a lot of fun, so I am thinking??????


We stopped in the "Christmas House", an annual Leesburg tradition. It is a large store which is open during the Holiday season and features all of kinds of crafts, baked goods, candies, jams, jellies, etc. There is no end to the creativity of the crafts people. I particularly liked this gourd, painted to resemble Santa with his hat.

This one is for you Betty.....I know you are always looking for ways to entertain Emma, and since I know she loves making ornaments and since I know it will be SO easy for you to get empty shotgun shells I thought it might be fun to make for gifts for the Island hunters! I think the beard/hair is just that puffy paint swirled around. I am sure you can figure out something....clever as you are!!

There were just so many things to see, I would like to make another stop a little closer to Christmas, when I am more in the "Christmas decorating" mode.


These pictures are for you Emma.....Pop bought Grandma this set of fiber optic solar lights while he was out shopping today. They are constantly changing color and are SO pretty. Just your thing, right?????





Tomorrow should be a lay-back day for me. Salt is going to the market early in the morning as he needs to contact the guy who makes awnings. We are going to have a new patio awning put up this year. After that we are expecting the widow installer to come and put the new windshield in the motor home. Fortunately we have FULL glass cover age so there will be no charge....thank God because they are pretty expensive.

The weekend is going to be full to the max.....Friday morning bowling, then on to Tavares to the Renaissance Fair and tomorrow night the Street Fest in Eustis, which has a "Margarita ville" theme and will feature three different bands. And, OF COURSE there will be pictures on the blog soon.

No comments: