Thursday, August 14, 2008

Call out the preacher...he's the only one who can reach her..

So today I asked Emma if she wanted to ride to the mailbox with me. She said she would if she could drive the 4 wheeler by herself....as she can now shift! It was such a beautiful day after we dropped off the mail we took a little tool around the island. I asked her if she had ever been to the little cemetery where Frank was buried....she said she had not, so I took her up to the top of Lawrence Black Hill where the grave is. She got there and bowed her head and said "Grandma make sure you say a prayer....God likes it when you pray but he gets (she now spells) p i s t when you don't. I said "Emma, what does p i s t spell?"" She says "sound it out Grandma"...I said I sounded it out and it sounds like pissed.... which you should not being saying and you spelled it wrong." "Well", says Emma, I'm not a very good speller but I know God gets that way and that's when he sends tornadoes!!"

I think she and her cousin Asa have been going to the same religion classes....he also says the funniest things about God and Jesus. I don't quite know how their little minds work but they both think WAY out of the box!

2 comments:

jill said...

That's so cute. I love how they think, but I really don't know where Asa comes up with the stuff he does. I loved his story about Jesus driving a Lincoln with the future president in it. Really? Where did he get that from?
I'd love to see Emma and Asa get together and discuss.

kitty said...

Well, hopefully next summer. All the kids want to do another "Karpel Kids" reunion. I will be contacting everyone after the first of the year for dates and ideas for t-shirts!