Sunday, July 12, 2009

For good times and bad times...I'll be on your side for ever more...That's what friends are for!

Last night was a very bittersweet evening for the "Black sheep" of Grindstone Island".... Salt and I were invited to dinner at our good friends Clay and Kay Kolle. Just before we arrived, Clay received a phone call, informing him that JD, (John DiMisa) had perished in a motorcycle accident. John was an original member of the group, he will be greatly missed; especially by Clay who has known him for most of his life.

Here we are enjoying a great dinner cooked by both Clay and Kay.....


We were also joined by their two daughters Amber and Aaron...

I had promised Clay I would come home and dig up some pictures of JD. These two are perfect since we laughed about both of these occasions. This is JD and Clay at Salt's and my wedding. This was JD's uniform.....always with the shorts, shoes and work boots (he marched to his own drummer). You will notice that he does have a white shirt and tie on.


And here he is (the soldier) at one wild ass Halloween Party that Clay had at his house about 18 years ago....I refrained from posting the picture of me dressed as a "Playboy Bunny". I do wish I still had that figure however...ha ha!!

Thanks for the memories JD....our prayers are with you!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am shocked. Sometimes life seems so brutal, we really can't imagine what can happen the next second. Thats why we need to live our life fully, so that when the inevitable happens, we should not be carrying the extra burden of guilt because of something that we forgot to do when we could.
My Prayers are with you... and i can only say this that i am saddened by this gloomy course of events.

RocketCityHunter said...

Thank you for posting those pictures of JD. I worked with John at Brach's in Chattanooga - he had a big heart, loved his dog and motorcycles... and his school bus that he drove the neighborhood kids around in (never figured that one out). Do you have any information on the funeral? I would like to send some flowers.. but I cannot locate anything on the internet ...

Mike Moore
RIP JD ...

Lynne Palmer said...

John has been a part our life for many years. A wonderful friend. My husband Russell is Johns childhood friend. Russell who you all know has the same wonderful heart as John so does Clay, Kay and all of Johns closest and dearest friends. Our friendships have meant so much to us. John was living with us last year and we are so thankful we where able to spend so much time with him. Even though living together can drive everyone bonkers, our love for John became stronger.

To all the Black Sheep at Grindstone Island, we will remember John with you and never forget what he has meant to all of us. The memories we share are happy and thankful to have known him.

I would like everyone to know that Johns travels through life have been to help others with his coined phrase "YES YOU CAN". The souls he touched and help save is his purpose in life.

We will miss you John and Shorty. You are both loved dearly by your family and your dearest and closest friends.
Russell, Lynne, Billy and Mark
~ Lynne Palmer, Laytonsville, Maryland

Spurs4evr said...

I was drinking a beer with my wife last Friday and we both thought of John at the same time.
We met John back in 1985 when I worked at US Systems in Rosslyn VA. It was my first IT job and John went out of his way to make sure I settled in. John and I quickly became friends. He loved his motorcycle, but he also had a great fondness for big old checker cab, that sucked up so much oil he carried a case of the stuff in the trunk! And his only advice when he let me borrow it, to take my then girl friend, now wife, out on a date, was make sure you have enough spare oil. I left US Systems in 1987, and had not kept in touch with John.
So when I Googled John DiMisa, hoping to find a facebook or LinkedIn account, imagine our sadness on finding out John had passed The postings on your site tell me he lived the past 22 years just as he did during the year and half that I was fortunate enough to know him. John was a special man, he left a lifelong impression on my wife and I, in such a brief life encounter. I will always regret loosing touch, but treasure the opportunity to know him in the first place.
Les Milner

Unknown said...

A lot of you may not know me. But I lived with JD when I was younger in cottonport and in Pennsylvania just before the accident. He had such a comforting smile and was just like a father to me. Him and shorty made my family complete. He was so kind and big hearted, I remember his love for working on older cars, he hated driving new cars. He loved his motorcycles. He was a real go getter, and he forever lives on in my heart, he has a special placehim and shorty both. I wish I had more time with him.