Friday, July 03, 2009

Jim Dandy to the rescue......

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all....Joe's theme song!!! Joe, (my brother) along with Rindy, Paul, Matt, Janna and Chelsea started across the river when their boat started taking on water....big time! Salt was off the island and I had no boat to tow them. SO....I called Jim (Adamson)....invited them to dinner and said "oh yeah, while I have you on the phone do you think you could go and pull Joe in...."...LOL. Well, I wasn't really THAT rude but I did have to impose. He pulled them in, Salt and his Magic Screwdriver found the problem and fixed it. Dinner was great and the kids were able to have a nice weekend with boating activities! Unfortunately their time here was too short. They will all be back later in the month and during August.
Oh yea, I received a very excited call from Janna today.....she passed her driver's test. She now can come to the island by herself!!
Ellen and I hopped on the rescue boat....

My hero!!!

Rindy swimming, training for her triathlon!
Paul stayed up for a few extra days and then Joseph and Emily came for the weekend. I can not believe I never got a picture of Joseph and Emily....the weather was lousy, so most of our time was spent playing "Hearts". They also will be back so we will catch them next go round.

No comments: