Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Good men through the ages trying to find the sun; And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain????

Our new flag pole is up!! Thanks Rex, love it!!


Last night we were invited to the home of Peter and Frances Rossmassler. Also in attendance were Todd and Barbara Pullaw and Bobbi Lee, all from Gananoque, Canada. Todd & Barb lived to the left of us when we had our summer place on Hay Island. Bobbi lived to the right of us. We had many, many wonderful summers together as we raised our children, summers on the island. It was SO good to see all of them again.....we reminisced and laughed until we had tears in our eyes. Great fun!

Bobbi, toting fresh strawberries for both Frances and myself.....


Barb, looking a bit apprehensive about trying one of Peter's famous whiskey sours....





Todd Pullaw....after a lousy start to the day, about 3:00 in the afternoon, the sun came out and it warmed up....a little.

The crew, minus me. I really need to start handing someone other than myself the camera......

Bobby and Peter.....

Frances serves up her famous Pecan Pie.....



After a great dinner and lots of laughs we all walked the Pullaws and Bobbi down to the dock to see them off. Todd turned the key in the boat and NOTHING.... He had left the key on....fortunately that was all it was. Salt of course got him going again. I always panic when a boat won't start. The first thing I think of is my son-in-law's famous quote...a boat stands for BringOnAnotherThousand!!

Today I am taking my computer out on the deck to continue my trip planning and then off to dinner at the Taylor's (Bill and Gwen).

No comments: