Monday, December 07, 2009

Everybody's gone surfing.....surfing USA

Hey, what did you expect, we're old farts...retirees..


Salt protecting me from the shark..... (I haven't been drinking tonight, I am just in a very silly mood....). It has been a long day and I ate chocolate....only because we had a coupon, buy one get one free and I didn't want to waste that Peanut Buster.


We had a pretty lay back day today....drove to Brownsville, so I could do some "boot" shopping, and then drove out to Boca Chica Beach for a walk and some shelling. I always liked to say Boca Chica...it's just one of those fun words. Today I finally found out what it meant....little mouth. It has now become my new nick name....no comments please!!!


We stopped at this historical marker. Really sucked back then when there was no technology and battles were still being fought after the war ended!!!

It surprises me that people still place flowers at the marker.

Boca Chica Beach.....



Today will be the last of the "restful days".....lots planned for the week. Tomorrow evening we are going "wassailing with the turtles" www.seaturtleinc.org , a guided tour of Matamoris (Mexico) and the Greyhound races (dogs...not buses) and a bunch of other things which we don't have schedules for as of this posting.

No comments: