Sunday, December 06, 2009

Room with a view.....

I always heard things are BIGGER in Texas.....Yep never saw a conch this size before.
We arrived in South Padre a day early, since we wanted to escape the "snow" in Corpus Christi. We planned on staying in a hotel, but when we stopped at the resort, they let us move in a night early (for a very reasonable fee).

The condo is beautiful, living/dining area, full kitchen, two bedroom suites with baths and a fabulous view from every window.




View from our bedroom window.......
View from the living room balcony......The resort has three pools!!
Outside the first Texas Visitors' Center....
This is a sand carving which is displayed in the Visitors' Center here on the island....
Some of these sculptures are incredible.....

Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to mention our stop in McAllen, Texas......Ruth and I heard SO much about the Ropa stores (where you can buy used clothes for $.50/lb. We were dying to check it out.....Gene wouldn't even get out of the car (the neighborhood was REALLY shady) for fear it wouldn't be there when we got back. I don't think Salt really wanted to go in the warehouse, but was afraid to let Ruth and me go in alone. Holy Sh--.....there were women climbing on these piles in these piles and through these piles. Ruth and I just stared, and left after about 3 minutes. Not QUITE what we expected......

No comments: