Sunday, December 06, 2009

I see the lights....I see the party lights....they're red and blue and green...

Did I forget to mention how COLD it has been in Texas the last 2 days?????? I actually had to go and buy a hat, mittens and scarf. Fortunately, the cold snap is over and it is going up into the 70's tomorrow. Here we are bundled up and enjoying a cup of coffee in Louie's Back Yard, a restaurant on the waterfront, where we went to view the Christmas boat parade.



The Coast Guard led the parade with lots of sound effects, including the wonderful (?) voices of Simon, Theodore and Alvin.....

This was a beautiful boat, but the picture does not do it justice.......

Lots of clever decorating ideas....
Here is Santa driving this one....They were going rather fast to be able to get very clear pictures of a lot of them.....

One of my favorites.....


I couldn't get a picture of my VERY favorite which was a guy in a Kayak, with a tree in front and lighted presents under it. Here were all these yachts and then this guy just paddling away with his little generator for the lights. One guy in the audience yells out...."look..it's Al Gore".

Was a fun evening after our rather stressful trip to Mexico.

No comments: